East Iredell Lions Club Community Park
- Meeting Rooms
- Picnic Tables
- Walking Trails
East Iredell Lions Club Community Park
Opened January 2020
Walking trail on site (.3 mi)
- Reservations are required for use of the Community Building.
- Requests for all reservations need to be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the requested date(s), and are subject to availability.
- Requested time should include any time needed for set-up or clean-up, supply drop-off/pick-up, etc. Items are not able to be stored or left on-site outside of reserved hours.
- Parking: Gravel lot with 2 handicap spaces. Please do not park in grass areas without prior ICPRD approval. No parking on athletic fields.
- Building amenities: Indoor restrooms, Kitchen (with stove, microwave, fridge, cabinets), Power outlets
- Building Occupancy: 95 people with tables and chairs set up, 200 people without tables and chairs
- Tables & chairs available: (8) 5ft round tables, (6) 6ft rectangular tables, 50 chairs (folding chairs)
- Please note that kitchen items are NOT provided; such as pots/pans, dinnerware, utensils, paper products, etc.
- Fees need to be paid in advance, and must be received in order to confirm a reservation.
- "Special Event" requests (large-scale events, tournaments, etc) should be made directly to the Parks & Recreation Office at 704-878-3103.
- If you are not sure if your request is a standard facility reservation or a special event reservation, please contact our office.
- Reservations may not be made more than 1 year in advance of requested date.
- * Deposits are eligible for refunds post-event, IF keys have been returned, clean-up procedures have been followed, and no damage is reported upon post-event inspection.
2022 Dates: Community Building Closed** (Not available for reservations)
January 1 (Sat): New Years Day
January 17 (Mon): Martin Luther King Jr Day
April 15 (Fri): Good Friday
April 17 (Sun): Easter Sunday
May 30 (Mon): Memorial Day
July 4 (Mon): Independence Day
September 5 (Mon): Labor Day
November 11 (Fri): Veterans Day
November 24-27 (Thurs-Sun): Thanksgiving Holiday
December 23-26 (Fri-Mon): Christmas Holiday
** This schedule follows the holiday closure dates for ICPRD/County Offices. The park itself will still be open to the public, weather permitting.
Press Release: December 2019
County Announces Receipt of Property Donation for New Park in East Iredell
Statesville, NC – Iredell County announced that the East Iredell Lions Club has donated eight acres and a 2292 sq. ft. community building, located at 336 River Hill Road, in Statesville, for the purpose of a new Community Park in the East Iredell Community.
East Iredell Lions Club established their charter in 1959 and the group moved into their club house in 1962. The building has been available to the community for family reunions, showers, and birthday and anniversary parties for a nominal fee. There was a ballfield maintained on the property, which was also used by the community. The East Iredell Lions Club has been most famous for the two ham breakfasts held each year, as well as the fiddler conventions held at Cool Spring School. These fundraisers were conducted to help visual and hearing impaired citizens in Iredell County.
The East Iredell Lions Club recognized Iredell County Parks and Recreation’s steadfast dedication to preserving and improving community space in Iredell County. The East Iredell Lions Club was motivated to donate by the effort and resources that Iredell County put into transforming Scotts Rosenwald Community Center into the premier recreational and leisure facility in the Scotts Creek Community in West Iredell.
In exchange for the donation, the board members of the East Iredell Lions Club only asked that the park be named East Iredell Lions Club Community Park.
Initial plans for the facility include $30,000 in renovations to the community building, including HVAC, new flooring, driveway, and parking areas. Maintaining the long standing tradition of providing a quality community space for the citizens of the East Iredell Community, just as the Lions Club has for so many years, will be Iredell County’s goal. Future plans include Parks and Recreation Department office space, walking trails, an improved ballfield area, and a playground. Following renovation, the building will continue to be available by reservation to rent for special occasions and events.
Michelle Hepler- “I am very grateful and humbled that the East Iredell Lions Club identified Iredell County Parks and Recreation as the recipient for this donation. The fact that a group is willing to donate something to our department that was built using their blood, sweat, and tears, speaks volumes about their dedication to the East Iredell Community. I am proud of the work that our staff has put into the Scotts Rosenwald Park and look forward to making the East Iredell Lions Club Community Park a center of the community.”
For more information, contact the Iredell County Park and Recreation Department at 704-878-3103.