How can I show that I am 100% totally and permanently disabled?

You must furnish a certification that you are totally and permanently disabled from either a physician licensed to practice medicine in North Carolina or from a governmental agency authorized to determine qualifications for disability benefits. If you or your spouse is over 65 years old, and meets the income requirements, you do not need to submit a certification of disability.

View the

Physician Certification of Disability (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. What is the Property Tax homestead Circuit Breaker Program?
2. What are the qualifications for the Circuit Breaker Tax Deferment Program?
3. How are deferred taxes calculated and are they a lien on my property?
4. What would trigger the repayment of the deferred taxes?
5. What happens if I apply and qualify for the Circuit Breaker Deferred Tax Program for 1 or more years and in the future I no longer qualify or I fail to submit the required annual application?
6. Does all deferred taxes have to be repaid?
7. Does interest also have to be paid on deferred taxes when they become due?
8. What is considered income and how much can I make and still qualify for the circuit Breaker Tax Deferment Program?
9. What is considered part of my Homestead / Permanent Residence?
10. Do I have to apply in person?
11. How can I show that I am 100% totally and permanently disabled?
12. How do I provide proof of income?
13. When is the deadline to file an application?
14. Do I need to reapply annually?