How do I set up a mobile home?
The Central Permitting Department at times charges mobile home applicants $500 for a “perc test” and $495 for a well inspection. Mobile homes older than 1976 cannot be set up in Iredell County’s zoning jurisdiction and Iredell County has some requirements about underskirting, porches, and rooflines. Mobile homes should be set up parallel to the road, with some exceptions. After you get the zoning permit and septic and well inspections you can obtain a building permit and have the building inspection process explained to you.

For more detailed instructions and guidelines, please view the Mobile Home Set-Up Requirements (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. How do I open a home business?
2. How do I get a septic system site evaluation / permit?
3. Do I need permits for a shed or accessory building?
4. How do I set up a mobile home?
5. How do I get a sign permit?
6. How do I split a lot into 2 lots? Or conversely, how do I combine 2 lots into 1 lot?
7. Can I get my property rezoned?
8. How far off my property line does a fence have to be?
9. How do I get zoning approval for a vehicle dealer's license?
10. When are site plans required?
11. Do commercial or non-residential places have to submit site plans to add accessory buildings?
12. What are some common complaints that the Zoning Code Enforcement Officers resolve?
13. What do I need to do to start a commercial project?