Iredell County Building Standards has implemented new permitting software to improve and enhance service to the public. Members of the public can access Citizen Self-Service from their computer or device (including making online payments) for a variety of projects and permit types through-out Iredell County.
The EnerGov permitting software is configured so that a single application, upon receipt, (and based upon the type of project) is routed to the appropriate departments for consideration and review. This application requests specific information, plans, and other documentation describing the anticipated project. The applicant is emailed periodic notifications and can monitor status online; confident the responsible departments have been made aware of and are actively reviewing their project.
As with previous county permitting software, EnerGov will serve as the primary permitting software utilized by:
• the Planning Departments of Statesville, Troutman, and Iredell County;
• the Fire Marshals for Statesville and Iredell County;
• Iredell County Environmental Health (both Onsite Water Protection and Food & Lodging);
• Iredell County Building Standards for both Commercial and Residential projects;
• As well as other Development Services provided by the Town, City and County
Utilizing EnerGov will further enhance effectiveness by providing secure uploading of documents with the application, including site plans, septic lay-outs, and building plans for both residential and commercial projects.
Here’s how to utilize the new system:
1. Complete the application process via Iredell County Citizen Self-Serve.
2. Log-in, or register for an account if you do not already have one.
3. Provide requested information, upload support documents, and plans for your project when prompted.
4. For projects within the Town of Mooresville & the Town’s ETJ, the applicant must provide separate documentation of Zoning Approval. Application to the town is required for zoning, fire and utility approval, this is in addition to making application to Iredell County for building and trade permits (as noted above).
You may also apply for permits by visiting our office at 349 North Center Street, Statesville.
Applications are available online for your reference and use.
You may request inspections or check on inspection results by using the Search of Public Records or accessing your Citizen Self-Serv account
Staff continues to transition from TRAKiT to Citizen Self-Service. Please be aware there may be delays in projects being processed. While the new system is anticipated to improve efficiency overall in time, during transition projects exist in parallel systems and some procedures are inevitably affected. We appreciate your patience while the new system launches with new procedures and work rules countywide.
Change is never easy, the goal of implementing EnerGov is to simplify the application process for the public while achieving greater efficiency through-out the review process.
Thank you for your patience and thoughtful feedback during this transition